Sunday, November 16, 2014

How can it have been 4 months since our last post????!!!!

I guess the summer and fall were just too busy. So here is a quick summary along with some pictures and videos of what we have been up to.

We starting doing some mantrailing training with Emmi. I was contacted by Kim who has Lila the Black and Tan Coonhound so we  finally have a coonie partner to work with. Both Em and Lila are amazing. Lila and Emmi are the same age.

Emmi, LIla and the Notahound Davie

Pretty Lila

Emmi learned how to swim this summer, she loves the water. Davie will swim but prefers to heard the swimmers.


Emmi went to a couple of agility camps this summer to try to help me improve my skills, especially handling! She is somewhat patient with me although I do get told off. Emmi also entered her first agility trial in August, she had a good Jumpers round, a "It's too friggin hot to do this" standard run and a "I'm a crazy Hound" Gamblers run. However she had a fantastic trial in November, the improvement was amazing. My criteria for the trial was to get her to do six runs with minimal sniffing. She surpassed the criteria by a mile. So proud of her!
This is her Standard run.


So what did Davie do? Well Davie got to go to a herding clinic put on by Alberta Herding Dog Rescue in Okotoks on our way back from Saskatchewan. Louanne was the instructor and she is amazing. I learned so much and Davie was so good. Here are some pictures thanks to Amanda. It was great to see Amanda. She is whom I was lucky enough to get Davie from when he was rehomed. If you want to read the story you will have to go back to the very beginning of this blog.







The best news is that we have found a place to herd in Prince George! After many years of searching I finally tracked someone down!. We are trying to go out every weekend as long as the snow doesn't get too deep. We are sooooo happy. Here are the sheep.
The sheep

A happy Davie!
So life is good, we can herd with the BC and mantrail with the BT until there is too much snow or it is too cold. And we can continue to work on agility skills with Emmi and Davie gets to learn tricks and play at agility. Oh and we can not forget Nosework for both the BT and the BC.Almost forgot about Nosework! I am sooo lucky to be retired and have time to enjoy all these great adventures with the BC and the BT.

1 comment:

  1. I knew it was well over 3 months! love and kisses from Molly's Mom!

    ReplyDelete