Monday, February 13, 2012

A year with Davie

It was a year ago this past Saturday that I first met Davie. I had meant to do this post then but Davie and I seemed to have to much going on this weekend so it is happening this morning.

First I want thank all the people who have helped both Davie and I. The great people I train with, friends both two legged and four legged. And the special people who have given me confidence to get us through stages when I doubted I had the necessary skills. Thanks for being there for us.

I can not believe it has been a year since Operation Davie. Operation Davie was the drive from here to Edmonton to met my brother who so kindly volunteered to pick up Davie from Amanda. You have come a long way my boy in more ways than one. Davie has gone from a dog with little self confidence to a guy with so much more belief in himself. He still has a way to go but we will get there. He has gone from a dog who didn't want to herd sheep to this guy who suddenly went," Whoa, this is fun and what I do". This is the video from last October. We can't wait to start again this spring.

Davie has had many new experiences in the last year. He has learned that squirrels in BC live in the trees not on the ground. And that he has his own collection both live and stuffed. He has channeled his inner husky by learning to pull a cart and a sled with his husky buddies. He has learned how to go off leash in the bush and come back when he is called or whistled. He has learned a lot of behaviors, tricks and is working on the basics for agility and Rally. He has made me a much better trainer. He has definitely made me a believer in Say Yes Dog training. And above all else we have had so much fun.

One of our favorite things in the past year was our road trip to Saskatchewan. Davie is an awesome dog to travel with. We have had a lot of adventures and a lot of fun and I will admit some frustrations and some tears. I love this crazy guy. I have so many pictures I couldn't decide which ones to chose. So this is a random selection from the past year. Most of all it is to show Davie's new dog buddies. There are some missing like his two BC puppy buddies Wicklow and Diesel from classes. But I think we have most of the others.And of course I have included some of the famous Mudman pictures. I am not sure I really WANT spring to come. Davie has been so clean, but he claims his skin is suffering do to the lack of mud baths, snow baths just don't cut it for skin condition


We are so looking forward to the next year. Maybe this will be the year Davie gets a new buddy to keep him company.




No comments:

Post a Comment